Last Updated: January 10, 2023
How do I use Word of Life?
- Your parent or guardian will set up your account in Word of Life, including your password. After that, you will complete assignments related to religious education in Word of Life which will be seen by your parent/guardian and your teacher/catechist.
- Your teacher or catechist (an “instructor”) will be able to grade your assignments and send you messages, but you will not be able to send messages back.
What Information does Word of Life collect from you?
- Your parent or guardian will supply your name, class, school or church, grade level, and email address to Word of Life. We will collect your parent or guardian’s contact information to help set up their and your Accounts. (“Contact Information”)
- You will complete assignments and interact with your instructor on Word of Life. Once you start using Word of Life, we collect information on how you use it, like pages visited, assignments completed, grades, and other interactions with the material (“Course Information”).
- When you browse the Word of Life platform, we track things like IP address, pages you view, and functions you request, using cookies, pixels, and security tokens (“Site Information”)
What do we do with your Information?
- We use Contact Information to get your parent's or guardian's consent and to authenticate your Account. We may also use the Contact Information to communicate important notices.
- We also use Contact Information to place you in the right class.
- We do not serve ads in Word of Life. We may suggest courses or materials to parents/guardians or instructors at any time, including through email.
- We use the Course Information and Site Information to:
- help you learn by sharing your assignments with your instructor;
- provide, maintain, develop, and improve Word of Life; and
- personalize your experience on Word of Life by enabling you to post and share your programs and activities.
- We collect Site Information to:
- improve our Website;
- comply with laws;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
What Information can others see?
- Your parent or guardian can see all your personal information in Word of Life.
- Your instructor can see your Course information.
- Schools or Parishes can see aggregated information about your Course Information. They can also see Contact Information.
With Whom do we share your Information?
- We work with analytics companies to help us improve Word of Life.
What choices do you have with your Information?
- You can delete your account at any time by asking your parent or guardian to contact us at at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your parent or guardian can withdraw you from Word of Life at any time.
- If you are located in a jurisdiction that supplies the following rights, you may have rights to access, correct, erase, withdraw consent for processing, transfer, or restrict the processing of the personal information we hold about you.
Who can you contact with questions about privacy? You may contact us at email@example.com.